Also, as is the my going trend these days, you'll find these are both gluten free and Paleo-approved.
My iPhone is making me lazy, These Instagram pics aren't cutting it!
makes roughly 16 small muffins
1 small onion very finely diced (yellow or white)
1 garlic clove minced
1/2 large bell pepper (whatever color you prefer) finely diced
1/2 cup baby spinach chopped
1/2 medium tomato finely diced
3 oz organic salami, cooked bacon or pepperoni diced (I like this Applegate Farms stuff)
2 tbsp ghee (this is clarified butter. I use Purity Farms brand or you can make your own. or you can use olive oil)
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
tabasco to taste
• Preheat oven to 350F & heat skillet to medium.
• saute onions & garlic in the ghee until they start to soften.
• add tomatoes, red pepper, salami, cumin, paprika, red pepper, & tabasco (make this as spicy as you prefer) to the skillet and heat until everything is nice and warm. Then transfer to a large bowl to cool.
• While that stuff is chilling out, crack the 10 eggs in a large bowl, sprinkle in some salt and pepper to your liking and whisk.
• Once your salami & veggies are cooled (just right above room temperature) add it to your eggs along with the spinach and mix until well combined.
• Spoon the mixture into cupcake cups about 2/3 of the way full. I highly recommend using cupcake liners here because eggs are hella-sticky, but if you don't have any, grease up each cup with ghee or the oil of your choosing.
• Bake for about 20 minutes or until the eggs begin to rise, round up and just start to turn dark gold.
• Let them cool for about 10 minutes and enjoy, or transfer to an air tight container. Store for up to one week.
This is how they'll look once they're ready.
Wrap muffin loosely in a paper towel. Microwave for 10-30 seconds. Pat yourself on the back for being so well-prepared!
Even Rodg, the picky hubbs likes them, "except for the onions"... I guess you can't win them all.
approximate nutritional breakdown per serving:
calories - 68, fat - 4.7g, saturated fat - 1.8, sodium - 112.2mg, carbs - 1.1g, fiber - .2g, sugar - .7g, protein - 5.2g